Sunday, May 15, 2011

cookies

Baking cookies and searching for a job are very similar. I know that this seems a bit strange, but let me explain:

1- both require multiple steps
2- both require more work than many think they do
3- both can not work if you don't do them correctly
4- both can be really satisfying if done properly
5- often both will benefit from some outside help

Tonight, I am baking cookies to put in my boys lunch boxes this week. The first cookie sheet came out of the oven and didn't do what I wanted it to. Then I double checked the recipe and realized I had put in baking powder instead of baking soda. Rather than give up, I went to the internet to get help- I learned how to adjust the recipe to allow for this. As I was adding baking soda to the dough to fix things a revelation hit me- I forgot to put in sugar as well. So I put in sugar and beat the dough by hand and now the first 2 cookie sheets are complete and they taste like chocolate chip cookies.

Tomorrow, I will meet with the career placement office at my Alma Mater in order to get some much needed help in my job search. Here's to the job search being as sweet as the cookies are.

No comments:

Post a Comment