Saturday, May 7, 2011

Weekends

I want to work in a meaningful position where I can help others to live better. Certainly sounds easy enough to me. I'm open to multiple types of companies. Although not-for-profits are set up with the purpose of helping others, there are many companies that either by the generosity of the owners or by what business they are in also fit this job category.

In a roundabout way, this brings me to my point today, weekends. It is late Saturday night as I write this and I wonder if it matters if I send any resumes out tonight or tomorrow. A hard copy resume can be put in the mail, but it won't get picked up until Monday. If I send an email, will it be looked at before Monday, probably not- and how will the person getting the email be reading them- will they read the newest first or the oldest first?

The answer I have come up with is simple. I will job search a little tonight, tomorrow is Mother's Day- so I will spend the day with my wife (the mother of my- no, our children) and I will spend an hour or so tomorrow evening searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment